Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Biggest Show on The High Street




On Friday of my last week on the mile I was heading down to the Hog's Head. I had been down there earlier in the day to drop off all my kit, except my Nikon F100 and 80-200 lens.

I'd had to head back into 1Stop Photo to pick up some work I wanted for that night.

I ran into JP, he was about to start his show and he was chatting to one of the Fringe staff.
I was greeted with a "hello" from them both, then I was told that Vince, Herbie and a whole load of others were about to, or had just started a 15 man show!

Thoughts of not being prepared came to mind. Very unlike my normal fully loaded with kit self.

I took up position center stage, planting myself front row at the feet of people standing. My camera was rushing through film. Amazing!

I shot the show Hockney style, random shots to be "stitched together to create a whole image.

A few minutes from the finale I managed to get Cheeky Pete's attention.
"Can, we get everyone in to the middle of the space, I'll get a group shot."

He passed the word and a mass of bodies vied for position in the centre of the space.
Camera set to continuous, I ran off the last of my film.

The show ended to probably the biggest cheer heard on the High Street. I said my thanks and headed back to 1 Stop Photo.

Just in time I got my films in. Processed and printed. Still hot off the press I was back on the street.

I ran into Shep, he was sitting relaxing on the kerb just across from 1 Stop Photo. I handed him the multiple packs of photos. The look of amazement at seeing photos from just twenty minutes or so before!
He grabbed a couple of shots, told me that everyone was meeting in the Tron and he was just heading down. I tagged along.

Almost everyone was sitting round a table, enjoying a well deserved drink. The packs of photos passed on for everyone to look through.

My work as always appreciated by one and all I left them with the photos, after being supplied with a few Bud's for my troubles.

These were images that would not make the exhibition, well not this year anyway.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos of Eddie Izzard. Thanks. If you have any more of him I'd love to see them!
Barb

 
At 8:54 pm, Blogger Mr Brown said...

There are somewhere around 400 shots of the two shows I shot. And a great many of them are Eddie.
I do hope to be adding some more soon. There are more on mt Biggest Photography Exhibition blog too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home